Ocean Hackathon in San Francisco – Submit your challenge before June 6th
If you have an idea or a more mature project that aims to solve ocean challenges, we would love to hear from you!
Submit your challenge and you may have the opportunity to see your project selected for this 2021 edition in San Francisco!
More about the Ocean Hackathon®
Ocean Hackathon is a 48-hour challenge that aims to address the ocean’s greatest challenges by enhancing the value of marine and maritime data through innovation. This hackathon is an initiative by Campus Mondial de la Mer in France, which encourages sharing, the use of new digital technologies, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Since it was first launched in 2016, Ocean Hackathon has brought together a new community around the ocean and digital environments. This year, the 6th edition of the 48h Ocean Hackathon will be hosted in 18 cities around the world from November 5th to 7th.
Challenge owner, data provider, coach, mentor, participant, sponsor?
Join us to be part of the 1st edition in San Francisco!
In a team of 3 to 8 participants develop a prototype, build a business plan, refine your pitch and do your best to be chosen to represent San Francisco during the international Grand Finale in France!
Ocean Hackathon is a unique opportunity to:
- work in team with people of different disciplines in a studious but relaxed atmosphere
- experience an idea around the sea
- have access to a variety of marine data
- be helped by coaches with different expertises (data science, IT, marine science, business, etc.)
- join local and international communities interested in data and the ocean
Call for Challenges
Before opening registration to set up teams, we need challenges!
We are now looking for organizations (companies, universities, NPOs, …) that would be interested in submitting a challenge for the Ocean Hackathon in San Francisco. A challenge should be related to the sea and its preservation, be innovative, and require working on data. Providing data in addition to your challenge is a bonus. You can submit your challenge as an individual or a legal entity. If your challenge is selected, you will be able to support your team during the Hackathon weekend as the owner of the challenge and the expert of the area!
Save the dates
- Call for Challenges – April 7 to June 6
- Opening of registration for participants – September 6 to November 4
- 48h Ocean Hackathon – November 5 to 7
- International Grand Final in Brest, France – December (date to be specified)
Héloïse Pajot, deputy attaché for Science and Technology in San Francisco, [email protected]
Challenge owner, data provider, coach, mentor, participant, sponsor? I would love to hear from you! Please do not hesitate to reach out for further information on the Ocean Hackathon.